Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Butterfly in the Wind

This weeks quote challenge over at Paper Whimsy
http://www.paperwhimsy.com/ is Butterfly in the Wind by Hilda Conkling, such a beautiful poem and you can read it below. The challenge this week was to make your 5x5 creation on a tissue paper background, the color of your own choosing. The digi sheet for this week was full of beautiful butterflies, hands and the quote sheet. You had to use at least one butterfly, a touch of silver, (which is on the fingertips of the hand in my piece, doesn't show up though), a word or phrase from the poem and at least one other Paper Whimsy image. Those images are so gorgeous it is not hard to include one in any work I do. This was a fun challenge, not all that crazy about the tissue paper background, had to wait forever for it to dry, not good at waiting, once I got it dry, I applied a bit of crackle paint so I was in the holding pattern again. Guess that was a good thing as I had time to scrape all the goo off my hands from mucking around with gel medium and crackle paint..LOL...Once the background was complete I was on my way to the collage. I am making the quotes into a little book, so once everything was dry I created my book pages and added the artwork. Fun!!!










7 comments:

Sarah said...

Debby stunning quote piece xx

Terri said...

You did a wonderful job on this Debby! I love the colors used and the texture you created!

Laura Haviland said...

Debby, these are so beautiful.
They have such a soft look and love butterflies. Amazing the quote.
These are real beauties, love them. Paper Whismy just rocks.
Hugs, Laura.
I have a banner and wallpaper now.
Have a nice day, love your art work.

Laura @ 52 FLEA said...

Hi Debby,
I love that..."I never know...I'm a wanderer in the wind"...beautiful prose and beautiful artwork...that color blue is stunning! Thanks for visiting today and your kind words...
I wish you all good things! Laura

Stacy's Shabby Shoppe said...

Debby ~ I love how this turned out! The butterfly poem is just beautiful! ~Stacy~

Holly Loves Art said...

Absolutely dreamy and wonderful! LOVE your blog and your work. Thanks for popping by mine. Have a great day!
Holly

Tara said...

I wish I knew how to make these. I think I would love it but am clueless as to how to do it. Are there tutorials somewhere on the web?
Have a terrific day!