Saturday, May 2, 2009

4 x 4 Fun

I really enjoy making the 4x4 size art. They are so much fun and I love that you can add lots of texture or you can add little, what ever makes you happy on any given day. I used lots of pretty torn papers for my background on this one, then covered it with gel medium. After it was dry I ran blue and white paint over the entire piece and then rubbed most of it off to let the background show through. Once that was dry, I added modeling paste, let dry and then rubbed lumiere sunset gold on the piece. The image and crown are from Collage Stuff.


This piece was done using the same technique with different papers and paints. Again, image and embellishment from Collage Stuff. This size makes the perfect size for a little fat book and lots of fun to play with.



9 comments:

Sarah said...

Love these Debby great technique xxx

Tristan Robin said...

lovely!

I need to work more with paint...you've inspired me!

Notions of mine and nonsense said...

LOVE your blog! What a great place to be inspired. One of these days I'm going to find the time to create something other than a visual display! Thank you for sharing so much of your talent with us!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the techniques! Your art is beautiful.
Denise

Alison Gibbs said...

Debby thanks for visiting during Joy's Blog party. I have had fun reading your posts and getting to know you. I look forward to reading more of your posts
Alison

Altered Glass said...

Those are so sweet! I love the poodle (?) cut in the second one. You have such an eye regarding what looks good together. I have only made 2 cards in my time, because my mom is mega into card making and I was trying to make something special for her. Oh my, I didn't do so well. I can only imagine how much depth these 4x4's have. thanks for sharing.

Kelee Katillac said...

Gorgeous work Debby! Again nostalgic and charming.
Nice use of color!

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Lovely 4x4's!!! great colors on the second one!

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Hi Ya Debby :)...
These are just BEAUTIFUL! Awesome color :)
Candy